Muscle Gain Challenge
This program is designed to help you improve muscle size, strength, conditioning, endurance and overall health. It covers all aspects of fitness for serious results.
Focus : Strength, power, hypertrophy, endurance.
Level : Beginner and intermediate
Time per workout : 40 to 75 minutes
Days Per Week : 3 to 4
Make sure you have read the files I sent you to learn about progression, warm ups and cool downs. Your form has to be perfect on each movement, this is how you will benefit the most from your training.
3 PHASES :
Phase 1 : Weeks 1, 4, 7 and 10
- Focus on strength and power, those weeks is where you will be lifting heavier and increase loads whenever you can following my recommendations that you will find on the file I sent you.
- Lower number of repetitions, heavier weight and longer rest periods.
- Your cardio will be done after your weight training and involves High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
- 3 workouts per week.
Phase 2 : Weeks 2, 5, 8, and 11
- Focus on Hypertrophy (muscle building). We are going to vary the stimulus and stress placed on the muscle to promote constant adaptation and growth.
- Higher number of repetitions, less weight and shorter rest periods than phase 1 so that you can feel deep muscle contractions.
- Your cardio will be done post-weight training and involves High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) but with longer intervals than phase 1.
- 4 workouts per week.
Phase 3 : Weeks 3, 6, 9, and 12
- Focus on Muscular Endurance, Conditioning and Mental Strength. The prime objective with this phase is to develop the muscles ability to generate force when in a fatigued state.
- Higher rep ranges and shorter rest periods than phase 1 and 2, moderate weights.
- Introducing Supersets: performing two exercises in a row without rest before you get to recover.
- Introducing Trisets : Performing three exercises in a row without rest before you get to recover.
- No Cardio
- 4 weight workouts per week.
What equipment do I need for the program ?
The program requires an access to a gym with standard equipment : Barbell, Dumbbells, EZ Bar, Machines, Cables, Cardio machines.
How many times per week do I have to train ?
3 to 4 days per week depending on the phase of the program. For more details, you can have a look at the program’s overview.
How long do the workouts take ?
40 to 75 minutes depending on the phase of the program.
Do I need to be fit to participate in the program ?
How will I benefit from the the program ?
- Stronger Mental Health and greater Confidence
- Build Strength and Muscle
- Better Posture and Balance